Skip to Content

Centre for Research on Social Inclusion

How to Apply

© Copyright 2006

To apply for a PhD with CRSI please do the following:

  1. Contact us to discuss potential research projects.
  2. If your supervisor agrees to support your scholarship application, he/she may be asked to prepare a project proposal request, which will be submitted to the Macquarie University Research Office for their approval.
  3. Complete the Higher Degree Research Unit (HDRU) application form. You need to apply for a candidature (i.e. to become a PhD student) and for a scholarship (i.e. to receive a stipend). Apply for both candidature and scholarship if you wish to apply for a PhD by research and a scholarship with stipend. Apply for candidature if you only wish to apply for a PhD by research and not a scholarship. More information available on the HDRU website.
  4. Important note: applicants should specify the name of the scholarship to which they are applying.