Centre for Research on Social Inclusion
Photo: Banu Senay
The first step in obtaining a research scholarship is to discuss PhD projects with potential CRSI PhD supervisors. You can do this either by initially approaching the Centre's Manager for advice on potential supervisors or by directly approaching the supervisors themselves. Current supervisors available are:
- Dr Matthew Chrulew
- Prof. Mitchell Dean
- Dr Lorraine Gibson
- A/Prof Marion Maddox
- Prof. Deborah Rose
- Dr Rochelle Spencer
- A/Prof Ellie Vasta
- Dr Gillian Vogl
- Dr Amanda Wise
Potential supervisors should be contacted before completing an application, to discuss a proposed topic of research and a research proposal.
** New PhD scholarships**
- PhD scholarship on Multispecies Ethnography at the Edge of Extinction Deadline: 30 June 2011
- PhD scholarships on emergency/disaster situations and young children. No deadline.
- Apply for your Australian Post-graduate Award (APA) and International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (IPRS)
- Deadline for APA is June 30, 2011
- Deadline for IPRS is August 31, 2011
- Australian Postgraduate Award (APA) (closing date 31st October each year)
- Australian Postgraduate Award (Industry) (APAI) (normally advertised October to December each year)
- Macquarie University Indigenous Scholarships (check website for deadline)
- International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (IPRS) (closes 31st August)
- China Scholarship Council (closes 31st January)
- AUSAID Scholarships (closes 31st July)
- There are also a number of Australian Government scholarships available for students from developing nations. These are summarised here.
From time to time, CRSI will advertise special scholarships (MQRES) on particular topics. These scholarships are open to both local and international students and will be advertised on our website.
Information on scholarships can be found here: http://www.research.mq.edu.au/students/scholarships
Previous MQRES scholarships
Two PhD MQRES scholarships around participation, governance, and citizenship. Deadline: 13 July 2009.
More funding opportunities for postgraduate students
PhD students enrolled in the University can apply for a Macquarie University Postgraduate Award which provides up to AUS$4,000 towards the contribution of PhD related expenses such as conference travel, field trips, payment for translators. In addition, Macquarie International provides financial support allowing PhD students to spend a period of time overseas in cases where that will be helpful to their research.